8 Easy Ways to Raise Awareness for Fibromyalgia
May 12 is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day, which means all around the world, patients, caregivers and the organizations who support them will be trying to bring attention to this misunderstood disease. If you're wondering what you could do to raise awareness of fibromyalgia we listed 8 things for you below...
- Wearing a fibromyalgia purple ribbon and talking to people about the disease when they ask why you're wearing it.
- Getting on social media to share facts, stats, figures and life stories about fibromyalgia.
- Selling fibromyalgia wristbands to friends, neighbors, and colleagues.
- Getting involved in a local fibromyalgia awareness event.
- Donating to a fibromyalgia charity or non-profit organization.
- Hosting a Facebook page for locals with fibromyalgia.
- Becoming an advocate for fibromyalgia and speaking out to the medical world and the media.
- Printing out support posters and putting them up at your place of work/school/college